How do you clean your CPAP machines?June 18, 2021 2021-06-18 23:11
How do you clean your CPAP machines?
How do you clean your CPAP machines?
For your sleep apnea treatment, the CPAP machines come to be the highly recognized and the most effective treatment method. To keep your nasal functions, clear and to keep your passage areas comfortable, the CPAP devices come to be the best gears. However, to ensure that your machine and the other accessories are working properly, you must maintain and clean your device from time to time. It not only renders the machine longevity but also makes sure that you are receiving a very impactful treatment. So how do you keep your CPAP device clean and well-maintained? Have a look:
Why do you need to clean a CPAP device?
The cleaning of your CPAP machines has more than one purpose. It aids your treatment’s effectiveness, and at the same time, comes up with more than one benefit. Here is how it helps you:
- It prevents any kind of bacterial build up in the machine
- It helps you to get rid of any kind of dust or debris build-up in the machine, which can make the air unhealthy
- It prevents the formation of any mold or particles
- Keeps the unhealthy and harmful fungus away from the hose and the mask of the CPAP device
What will you require to clean the CPAP device?
Before you step forward to clean the CPAP device, you need to make sure that you are having all the right supplies for the cleaning. Here is what you will need to clean your CPAP devices:
- Warm water
- Mild soap
- Clean towel and clean piece of cloth
- CPAP cleaner
How do you clean your CPAP device?
While you keep your CPAP device, you need to ensure that you are using all the right steps for cleaning. Daily cleaning is recommended to make sure that your device is performing in a hygienic way. Here are the daily cleaning tips for your CPAP device:
- First, you need to unplug your CPAP machine from the power source, where it remains connected.
- After that, you must disconnect the mask and the air tubing from your CPAP device. If you want to clean your CPAP mask, then you have to disassemble it into 3 parts.
- In a sink, you need to take the CPAP accessories that you want to clean. Using a clean damp cloth, wipe any of the dirt or oiliness from the accessories and the machine.
- After that, you have to make a solution of mild soap and warm water for cleaning the machine. Gently rub the soap water on the accessories to get rid of any of the dirt and particles from it.
- You can also use a commercial CPAP cleaner which is antibacterial and safe for the CPAP machine.
- Avoid using any kind of stronger cleaner, such as detergents, dishwashers, etc., which can damage the machine.
- As you are done with cleaning, rinse the accessories thoroughly using distilled water.
- Then you can wipe it using a clean, dry cloth, or you can leave it to dry in a sunny area to make the machine completely clean.
What do you do for weekly cleaning your CPAP device?
Daily cleaning is highly necessary for your CPAP gears. But you should consider the weekly maintenance hygienically even if you clean your machine daily. Here are some weekly cleaning tips
- For the weekly cleaning, you can consider soaking the accessories and the machine in the vinegar solution. Take 1-part white vinegar and 1-part water to soak it in for 15-20 minutes. It works as an antibacterial factor. At the same time, it ensures that your CPAP device is getting rid of any foul smell or odor.
- After soaking it for a few minutes, you need to take it out of the solution and rinse the machine thoroughly in clean water.
To make sure that you are getting effective therapy with your CPAP devices, then you must clean them from time to time. It will keep the machine germ-free, and at the same time, it will deliver a very long service.
All About CPAP Machines
Choose the Best Respiratory Care Devices