What conditions is PHILIPS CPAP Remstar Auto A- Flex used for?
- Sleep Apnea
Specifications for PHILIPS CPAP Remstar Auto A- Flex
- DC Power Consumption: 12 VDC, 6.67 A
- Pressure Increments: 4.0 to 20.0 cm H2 O (in 0.5 cm H2 O increments)
- System Contents: Device, carrying case, flexible tubing, power cord, power supply, SD card, reusable gray foam filter, Optional- side cover panel, humidifier, disposable ultra fine filter.
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Voltage: 220V 50Hz
- Humidifier and Mask: Optional (at extra cost)
- Operating Temperature: 5°C to 35°C
- What is in the box ? (for sale): CPAP Machine with Power Cord & SD Card, Tubing, Two Foam Filters, Carrying Case, user manual
Philips Remstar Auto A-Flex CPAP machine is designed to deliver exceptional therapy for sleep apnea and enhances the patient’s comfort. The device has an auto-trial mode which delivers auto-CPAP therapy for up to 30 days and then it automatically transitions into CPAP-check mode at the pressure that patient was at, during the trial period.
The CPAP-check mode monitors the optimal pressure in every 30 hours and if not correct, it automatically adjusts the nightly fixed pressure. As a result, therapeutic pressure is monitored and also enhances long term patient care. It is adaptable to patient’s pressure requirement over time.
The device can screen the therapy hours that is the difference between the time the patient is receiving the therapy and the time when the blower is simply running. This gives an idea about how much the patient is dependent on the therapy and also helps in monitoring improvement in condition. The Remstar Auto A-Flex machine can be used even during airline travels, when it is operating from an AC or DC power source. The device does not require regular servicing. In case of a high priority alert, that is sound alarm of a continuous two-beep, it is advisable to contact the operator. The device should be used only if your doctor recommends and provider will make the required pressure setting based on your physician’s prescription.
You can buy or rent the device from Nightingales for easy and comfortable sleep therapy at home.